The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA), in collaboration with University of Nairobi is organizing a policy seminar. The seminar is one of its series under the KIPPRA Mentorship Program for Universities (KMPUs). The event will take place on the 4th and 5th March 2021, at University of Nairobi.
KIPPRA targets to bring together university students, lecturers, government, and private sector to a student public debate themed “Public Policy Making Process and the Big Four Agenda Amid COVID-19”. This is therefore a call for students of University of Nairobi to submit essays on the theme for consideration.
The authors of top 5 essays will be selected to participate in the policy debate as panelists.
The essays should meet the following criteria:
- Include full name, university, school/department, registration number, email, and mobile phone number of the author(s).
- Not exceeding 1000 words.
- Student will submit one essay only.
- Select only one agenda from the “Big Four” i.e. Food Security and Nutrition, Manufacturing (Job creation), Affordable Universal Health Coverage or Affordable housing in the context of COVID-19 and address the following questions.
- What is your understanding of the ‘Big Four’ Agenda and what problem does the agenda seek to address?
- How does COVID-19 affect the realization of the Agenda?
- What does it take to achieve the selected Agenda amid COVID-19?
- What role does technology and innovation play in achieving the selected Agenda?
- What innovative ideas can be used to fast track the attainment of Agenda?
The deadline for submission of essays is 20th February 2021.
The subject of the email should read: “UoN Call for Essays and Panelist.”
Essays will undergo a review process and successful applicants will be notified of the acceptance of their essays and their participation as panelists. Successful essays will be published on the KIPPRA website and a certificate of participation awarded to participating students.
All Submissions to be addressed to: Dr. Nancy Nafula - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: Mr. Johnson Kinyua - Email: email@example.com