Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced the commencement of the ABE Initiative at the Fifth Tokyo Conference on African Development (TICAD V) held in Yokohama, Japan, in 2013. The ABE Initiative aims to develop human resources in both public and private sectors. More than 1,200 participants from all the 54 countries have joined the program since 2014. The program has provided African youths with opportunities to study at Japanese universities and to work at Japanese enterprises.
- Be young gverment officials or civil seervants between the ages of 24-39 years as of 1st April, 2021
- Be drawn from government agencies in the field of economic infrastructure, industry, trade, agriculture, fisheries, water, environment and health
- Have atleast 6 months work experience
- Obtain permission of application from the employer or organization where they work.
- Have Bachelor’s degree from recognized university in the area of study for Master’s degree or relevant Master’s degree for PhD programme. (Attach copies of certified academic certificates and transcripts)Applicants from foreign universities are required to get accreditation from the Commission of University Education
Forward your application to:
The Ministry of Public Service and Gender
State Department of Public Service
Office of the Principal Secretary
For more information Click here